> OPEN CALL <
NEXUSURNEXUS at Fitness Center for Arts & Tactics
Monday, July 22, 2013
part of Brooklyn International Performance Art Festival, BIPAF
Deadline: June 30th, midnight.
PERFORMEANDO invites performance artists to submit works for consideration in NEXUSURNEXUS, a program to be presented during the Brooklyn International Performance Art Festival (BIPAF) in July.
NEXUSURNEXUS is a Live Networked Performance program that explores notions of (dis)connection, (dis)association, and (dis)comfort in the relationship between “North and South.” The program, organized and curated by artist Hector Canonge, will feature live performances on July 22nd at Fitness Center for Arts & Tactics along with live networked performances streamed from EL BUNKER, a cultural center in La Paz, Bolivia, South America.
The two day program (July 22nd and 23rd) is presented in collaboration with EL BUNKER, an alternative art space in Bolivia; ARTerial Performance Lab, a collective in South America; and is hosted in New York City by Fitness Center for Arts & Tactics in Bushwick, Brooklyn, and The Woods Cooperative in Ridgewood, Queens.
Prospective participants can apply to the program by sending an email to: email@example.com
– Artist whose work focuses or incorporates live action art.
– Artists must live in the United Sates.
– Artists that identify themselves as Hispanic, Latin/o/a.
– Performances are no longer than 15 minutes.
– Video performance, theater, monologues, spoken word, dance, or stand up comedy will not be considered.
– Collaboration works are accepted (all members should be included and one contact person provided).
To Submit, include the following:
– Full name (first and last) if known by a pseudonym, include name contact.
– Email contact and cell # (if possible).
– Title of the piece (if available).
– Duration (not exceeding 15 min).
– Short description of the work (no more than 150 words).
– Short Biography (no more than 150 words).
– 2 pictures of the performance or previous performances (300 dpi, 1024 pixels on either side) for promotional material.
– Link to works on Youtube or Vimeo (if available. not required).
Email information to: firstname.lastname@example.org